Saturday, March 1, 2014

Vermont in Winter

 This is the time of year when so many people are done with winter weather; I am one of them.  However, I am not one of those people that would move away from winter.  At least not anymore.  When I was away, I missed it a ton, so when people ask why I live here (beyond the fact that it is beautiful); here is why I do like winter, and why I am willing to put up with the hassles (driving, cold, ice) of it. 
For starters, there is a certain amount of bragging rights that comes from being a New Englander.  By east coast standards we're hardcore up here in the north.  OK, maybe we are just crazy, but we have fun being crazy.
That brings me to my next point.  If you are going to live in the snow, you need to embrace it and dive right and attempt to pretend it is not cold.  Despite the bitter cold, it can be a lot of fun, and when it is gone, you miss it.





So there it is, why I love the cold climate with all the hassles included.  Just ask Andy, all of my bucket list places are cold climates (Alaska, Vancouver, Iceland).

No comments:

Post a Comment