Monday, March 3, 2014

Mt. Mansfield-February

 "You're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting,
So...get on your way!"
~Dr. Seuss
 
I have a mountain that waits for me every day.  I run in its shadows, snowshoe the side of it, run and hike its trails, and am constantly caught by its beauty.  The last day of February, I decided I was going to add a Mt. Mansfield label to my blog and write about my relationship with this amazing mountain.  
 The picture below does not reflect just how amazing it looked looming over the lake the day I took it.  It truly is a beautiful mountain, and being the largest in Vermont is never very far out of view in the area we live in.  This was crucial to my running in February.  On the days that the temperature was in the teens and single digits I used it to ignore the cold.  With every step I would tell myself that it is a beautiful day and I would have missed it had I remained inside.  Some days it was enough motivation to press on and others I have to admit I settled for a shorter run and mug of hot chocolate. Either way, if only for a bit I was able to enjoy its beauty throughout the winter months.  My beautiful mountain.


No comments:

Post a Comment