Saturday, July 10, 2010

Pick Your Own

I am a huge fan of eating locally, especially when it comes from my back yard. But when I am on the road, I don't always have access to my raspberry bushes for a fresh fruity snack. So, why not sample the local fare and support the local economy in the places we are traveling though? So imagine how happy I was when I saw this.....



Andy was not as happy about this as I was. However, it was pretty easy to get little man pumped up for cherry picking and on my side, and to annoy daddy into submission, and we stopped.
We actually learned quite a bit about cherry picking in the process (I'll let Andy have educational rights in his blog), and were highly encouraged by the nice lady who owns the place to test the cherries as we went along. We, of course, happily took her up on this one.
When we were finished, we had an ample supply of cherries to get us though the rest of our road trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment