Friday, May 4, 2012

Wonderful Greens!

At the beginning of this week, I had eagerly prepared a few blogs ahead of time with the plan of adding my daily activity and posting them.  However, as the week went on, I really was not loving the blogs I had prepared.  Then comes today, I am ready to go and though I have never posted more than one post at time, I figured it was time to play a little catch up. 

For starters, my cold tolerant plants are in.  Not in the originally planned location but in the ground.  This year I am doing Kale and Swiss Chard. 

\

As for where they were supposed to go along with cabbage (not my favorite, but I am planting it for my southern husband) and potatoes; lets just say we were a bit lazy with this particular plot.  You see in the fall all of the leaves were dumped in the nicely fenced in area with the hopes of turning them, composting them and then tilling them into the ground.  We did not turn or compost them and the tiller is currently not working. 

Since the chickens have managed to nicely till up the ground in their fenced in area, I decided to enlist some help.  A win-win situation on both ends; they get the bugs and a new area to hang out in and the leaves and ground it tilled and fertalized for me, for next summer.  All walk away happy. 


Activity: 2 miles today (long run tomorrow), 3 miles yesterday, Day Off on Wednesday

2 comments:

  1. I assume you are talking about cabbage for slaw because your "Southern husband" never ate cooked cabbage when he was growing up (I never cooked it)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slaw, tacos, and salad. He occasionally cooks it, but it is usually cold.

    ReplyDelete