Saturday, May 26, 2012

Ethan Allen Homestead

I am feeling the need to take Little Man new places to explore a little further from home.  Yesterday I took him to Ethan Allen Homestead, a place that Andy and I used to ride our bikes through prior to Little Man.  He had never been there before and can not wait to go back again. 

The park used to be one of my favorite places to ride because of all the wooden bridges and flowers that lined the trails.  The place is stunning.  Little Man liked the same things, but for different reasons.  It meant that we could throw "helicopters" off the bridges and watch them spin into the water.  Chase the butterflies down the trails and turn our arms yellow with the many buttercups that lined the trails.

While I have been through the park many times; it has always been on a bike.  Since we were on foot this time, it meant that we were able to go down some of the trails that bikes are not allowed on.  Little Man was determined to take me down the marshland trail, and I have to say it was totally worth it.  Between long walk ways that snaked through the wetlands, to the many different types of birds, frogs and whatever else we could find, we had a blast.  Little Man is already planning our next trip back. 

Activity: 5.5 mile run, followed by my husband losing his mind and letting me go to the garden store by myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment