Saturday, April 7, 2012

Cherry Blossoms

Before I take the branches outside to the compost pile, I thought I should probably let my two readers know how it turned out, since we had better results than last year.  Below are the final pictures of my cherry blossoms taken about a week ago.  As you can see, they did actually bloom this year, although not the big pretty pink flowers I was hoping for.  They were tiny, but the branches did actually bud and bloom.  Once they had bloomed as much as they were going to, the flowers lasted for about 5 days and then everything turned brown.  Oh well, I'll just have to try again next year and see if I can get slightly better results.  At least they bloomed this year, which is an improvement from last year. 

Activity for the day: 9 mile run on a bike path

1 comment:

  1. Heard it's your b-day. Happy birthday!! We miss you! -H & crew

    ReplyDelete