Monday, December 21, 2015

Christmas Lights

One of my favorite parts of December is all the Christmas lights.  This is probably due to the fact that it is dark when I leave for work and dark when I head home.  I spend the month trying to take in all the Christmas lights and pretending to enjoy the dark. Although I will admit typically it is much more magical when there is actually snow on the ground.  Below are a few places I like to visit. 

We will start our light tour with the spot many people in our area visit this time of year.  Church Street in Burlington, Vermont is a favorite location for most Christmas shoppers this time of year.  You can shop, eat a great dinner, and then venture over to Lake Champlain Chocolate for some hot chocolate. All while strolling down a beautifully decorated street. 


Next one of the local parks does a Christmas lights walk.  There are 22 trees (not including the ones at the entrance of the park) lit up, each with an odd bulb hidden within (Yoda, fire truck, flamingo, ect.).  When the kids walk in, they pick up a scavenger hunt paper and run around trying to find the items in the trees.  While they run around, mom gets to leisurely stroll through the tees taking in the beautiful lights.
 Finally the Round Church in Richmond makes for an eloquent and historic back drop to my morning runs. When there is actually snow, it also makes for an awesome backdrop for the local sledding hill..  Unfortunately the picture does not do it any justice. It is beautiful and slightly magical. 
If I am lucky I can even convince both of the boys to come along for the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment