Monday, December 28, 2015

Another awesome year with lots of great memories
 I started the year off the year by doing a First Run with 5 other friends from church. 

In February, I did a snowshoe race (my first) with my mom and a friend. It was hard, but a ton of fun.  I also learned that there is no way to sneak up on a person as you tromp through the snow. I will most certainly be doing another snowshoe race this winter; if we ever get snow.

Over the course of the year I also ran 4 half marathons with some awesome ladies.  We had fun traveling all over New England, running and hanging out together. I also did 100 mile relay race and a 5 miler with those same amazing ladies. I love my running friends.

During the Summer I traveled all over New England and did 6 mountain races.  I realized I was a lot tougher then I ever thought I was, and met some really awesome people along the way.  I also stayed with friends and family and was able to get some much needed visit time (some people I had been promising for years I would visit). 

I also ran 13 trail races (same bib) with my son, husband, cross-country runners and friends.   Afterwords there was tailgating in the parking-lot, stories of mud covered trails and a seven year old and husband who have begun to fall in love with the trails.Neither one is so sure about the roads yet.

I ran through a vineyard, by a lake and around an apple orchard for an amazing 10k that one of my cross-country runners was helping run.

I did a sundae run, a glow run and a turkey trot with my amazing husband. 

Then I finished out the year with a Santa run with my father.

It has been an amazing year with a lot of great memories.  Time to take it all down and see what 2016 has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment