Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 Task List

Things completed:

1. Mountain Goat Status Achieved: Sleepy Hollow 10k, Wachusett Mountain 10k, Pack Monadanock 10 Miler, Ascutney (3.7 miles), Loon Mountain (6.6 miles) and Cranmore Hill Climb (8.2 miles)

2. Ran my first snowshoe race

3. Went camping at a new place: Lafayette in Franconia New Hampshire


4. New Restaurant I have been wanting to try: We actually went to several: Blue Bird BBQ-awesome, Shillings Brewery-amazing, Sneakers-pretty good, Zero Gravity-nice place to go without children, Single Pebble-great ladies night out.

5. New Food: Bone Marrow, a variety of wild mushrooms-picked by me(with people who actually knew what they were doing), some Dutch and Indonesian food at a festival we attended.

6. Ottawa in Winter: Amazing!


7. Cross-Country Ski at Sleepy Hollow Inn: I couldn't avoid this one, I won tickets at a 5k I did on New Years Day.

8. Paint living-room wall

9. Wine Passport: Snow Farm Vineyard, East Shore Vineyard, Artesano Meadery, Charlotte Village Winery, Fresh Tracks Farm Vineyard and Winery, Shelburne Vineyard, Boyden Valley Winery, North Branch Vineyards, Lincoln Peak, and Hall Home Place Ice Cider.


10. Made Gumbo: It was not great, but I did it.

11. New Vermont State Park: Ascutney, Coolidge, Camp Plymouth

12. Sledding at Casey's Hill

13. Middlebury College Museum of Art; not as impressed as I had hoped to be.

14. Knottweed Chuttney

15. Made it to the Top of Mount Mansfield
16: At least on Sustainable act a month: Milk Soap, Mushrooming, Learned how to cook some of the wild edibles in my yard (not all were good), Ducklings and lots of them, gardening, water conservation, more energy efficient appliances (partly because some of them broke down), preserving food, purchasinge some chemical free products

17. Did some type of service/volunteer activity once a month: Saving Money/Giving Items to a charity, Serving Food at Salvation Army, Attending Fundraiser Events. moving mulch, marathon water station, Operation Christmas Child

18. Made Strawberry Wine

19. Road trip to Grafton Vermont

20. Recorded my summer spending

21. Montreal Botanical Garden

22. Maintained a running log-Finally

23. Some sort of strength 2x a week

Not Achieved:

1.Catch up with my scrap-booking: I decided I am done with scrap-booking

2.Put Levi's first and second years into photo albums: I decided I am going to make a photo book for important events, rather then every single waking moment of the poor kids life.

3.Finish a Book a Month: I got hung up in June and July on this one because I kept picking books I did not like and would not finish.

4.Cross-Country Ski at Trapps Family Lodge: I ran out of winter faster than I thought I would.

5.Mountain Washington-The day we had planned on going up, the weather was not in our favor.  Little Man would have been blown right off the mountain.

6. Run up Camels Hump: There was a bear problem this summer

7. Break an 8 minute mile 5k pace: close, but not quiet there

8. Boston Museum of Science: just didn't make it

9. Did my own oil change: new car, Andy stopped changing my oil at home

10. Shooting with Andy: I think he is chicken: I even had a babysitter lined up.

11. Separate flowers: I waited too long

12. Parker Pie in Glover: I did not do the family thing this year Memorial Day weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Impressive list of accomplishments! Congratulations on 2015 efforts! Happy New Year 2016! Make another list and have fun accomplishing the goals - I will look forward to following your progress via the blog!

    ReplyDelete