Friday, January 16, 2015

My Beloved: Task 3

Since this blog started as a means of becoming more sustainable; I thought I would make sure I was doing something new each month to hold true to that.  I started this blog with a vengeance in the beginning, and while I continue doing the things I started with (well, not the cloth diapering, we are well out of that stage), I have not started anything new in a while.  The only things that really make the blog anymore are the ducks and garden.  It was time to get back in a groove.  
 
For the month of January, I had planned on purchasing a Dunkin Doughnuts mug to cut down on the cups I throw out during the week.  However, I have a friend who has recently given up Diet Coke for the year for health reasons.  She also calculated the amount of money she spends on Diet Coke and discovered a significant financial gain as well.  Since I can afford to lose a few extra calories in my week, a few more dollars in my pocket, and less styrofoam cups being thrown out; I decided to give up Dunkin all together.  When you factor in 2-4 stops a week, the benefit far outweighs the addiction.  So from today on, I have become a Dunkin free gal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment