Monday, July 14, 2014

Task 14: Case For A Creator

Historically, I have been inconsistent with my daily devotional times, despite any efforts I have made and systems developed to keep me on track.  Then, three and a half years ago, I started what was meant to be a year long read through the bible program.  I went into it knowing I would fail, so rather than fail I broke it down into a three and a half year long program.  It worked! 
My goal for this year was to find a good bible study to keep myself going as I was finishing my read through the bible plan.  I chose "The Case for a Creator," by Lee Strobel.  It is a book I have wanted to read and it coincides with what the youth group is doing on Sunday nights which is nice. This said, however, I may have gone a little overboard only two days into the book. 
After listening to the high school bible study last night and reading the first two chapters; I set out determined to show my 6 year old the intricate design of a cell that could only come from a creator.  Yep...we made cells with play dough today.  Just like the ones that 9th grade high school students make.  He now thinks his mom is nuts. Oh and my friend who is a Christian Chemist is coming to visit this week.  Poor kid is going to be doing quantum mechanics by the end of the week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment