Sunday, November 3, 2013

Bring On Winter

Typically at the end of cross-country season the coaches receive a small basket of crackers and cheese or a gift card.  Not this year.  This year, I received an amazing spa basket to keep myself refreshed all winter and a gift card to a sporting goods(running, skiing, biking) store.  I have been wanting to go to this particular store for a few winter running items, but have not had the time because of cross-country. I am glad I waited.
 This past weekend, I combined the gift card with another I received from a race I did in September and headed out.  Upon arrival at the store, I found out there was a major sale going on and suddenly became like a kid in a candy store.  I now have a funky new running hat made by a Middleberry College cross-country skier, new winter running pants and Icebugs (studs you strap to your shoes in snowy weather).  I am psyched and can not wait to bust out on the first major snow day of the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment