Friday, June 4, 2010

Invasion

I have know from the day we moved in, that I was not going to like Bishops Weed (Gout Weed). It had over taken my beautiful garden, because the previous owner did nothing in the garden the 5 year leading up to us moving in. Then, I found out today that it has become such a problem in Vermont, that you are not allowed to plant it. Unfortunately, for me I have two different versions of it in my garden. I also learned today that you are supposed to dispose of it, rather than put it into the weed pile. Apparently, it will re-root itself. Anyone have a truck I can borrow to clean out a big pile in our back yard (Peter :) )?

2 comments:

  1. What about a burn barrel? How satisfying would it be to watch those evil dead plants slowly burn to nothing right before your eyes?!

    Oh, you can borrow my truck if you would like...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, burn barrels (for trash) were outlawed the year we arrived. Open burning is allowed, but I just don't want to walk down the road to Dave's house to get a burn permit......So, have your truck here, oh let's say,...next Tuesday.....

    ReplyDelete