Sunday, September 29, 2013

Really!

I am pretty sure my family has set out to undermine my weight loss plan.  I have been doing pretty good on the "no sweets" thing.  My cross-country team knows, my co-workers know and while there has been every opportunity to binge on sweets, I have resisted.  We have been eating healthier and it has paid off.  I only have 3.5 pounds left to lose to work towards my Halloween goal (a little more towards my ultimate goal).  As you can see, I have been doing great. The boys, however, have set out to test my will at every turn (nope. We love Mommy and we love sweets. Just being ourselves!).  Today for example, we had a lovely afternoon of apple picking.  Perfect weather, wonderful crisp red apples.  Then............

The boys stop at the doughnut cart on the way out.  Two dozen mini-doughnuts (maple and cinnamon) (Okay, when I placed my order for two dozen and the doughnut guy looked a little scared, I realized that two dozen might have been a little piggy...but they're soooo good!).  I had to sit there sipping my cider, pretending not to notice the two monkeys scarfing down fresh doughnuts.(Fresh, hot, just rolled in sugar and dipped into maple glaze...yummy!)  I resisted, but I have to admit six more weeks of this seems like a really long time.  I might just have to stay away from the boys for the next six weeks.  
On a running note, I am not going to make my running goals for now.  I am currently starting my second week of a three week break.  I hit the point where I could no longer run through my injury and decided to cross-train for a few weeks.  It really stinks.  

1 comment:

  1. I really admire your restraint! They look really delicious and I can almost smell and taste them. Hang in there --- you'll make it!

    ReplyDelete