Friday, November 30, 2012

Winter Running

It has recently become cold, dark and gray; for me this creates a major problem for my running.  While I know I will enjoy running outside much more once I am out and moving and will probably run much farther, the dilemma is trying to convince myself to actually go outside into the cold, gray and snowy world outside my warm house.  You see, there is a treadmill in our nice warm house, and while I hate running on it, it is much warmer in here than it is out there. 
 
This year, however, I am taking a stand.  Well, a mild stand.  Wednesday nights  and Saturday mornings, one of the local running stores hosts a Frosty Turtle challenge.  It is like a little running party. There are waves of people who go out on this one route, with blinking lights and head lamps, and often not all in the same direction.  It is a little glowing light parade (there are over 130 people signed up for this thing). Then, when you return back to the store, there are additional ways to earn points and enter the evening raffle, for example try the sales rep's shoes, earn a point, core work out 5 points, bring food for the local food shelf, more points.  Therefore outside I go, into the dark and the snow.  I hear they make studs for sneakers, I may have to try those later on as the snow falls.  Winter running here I come.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment