Sunday, January 24, 2010

Romance???? Kind of......

You always hear about the hardcore energy savers, shutting everything down at night. So, I got this bright idea, Andy and I really need to set aside a night for us as a date night, I figured why not power everything down once a week and have a nice candlelit night. Now I should preface this with we have an almost two year old and really have not truly had a romantic night since he was born, so as we discovered it may take a while to really get back to the romantic part; keep reading.



We put some parameters around the night. Everything except for the clocks, furnace, refrigerator and baby monitor, is powered down and unplugged. Therefore creating a technology free environment.



It was a little haphazard to say the least the first night. We found out that all the little tea lights and votives, really don't give off a whole lot of light. However, the one candle I had in a wine bottle was pretty good. Needless to say we ended up both sitting a little closer to the wine bottle and made the decision we are going to need more wine bottles, any one want to come over for a drink????? I spent most of the time reading and Andy who is far better than I am wrote a wonderfully romantic love note (no, I am not going to share). Then, after reverting back to my childhood, I ended up playing with melted wax, which resulted in Andy suggesting I take a picture of the wine bottle for my blog. This of course lead to a twenty minute tutoring session since apparently I am incapable of taking a picture without the flash and not being shaky(for those of you who don't know, you have to be really still in order to take a picture without the flash). The picture below was taken by my wonderfully patient husband:) We may have to work on this whole romance thing........





No comments:

Post a Comment